Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Duck Wars







When I came upon these ducks, the little redhead mama was attacking one of the teenage ducks, attached to its back and flapping her wings. By the time I got my camera ready, mama duck was counter attacking! The redhead had a nest a few feet from the action, and you can see some of her almost grown babies in the area as well. She absolutely refused to let the ducks swim by, and the ducks didn't want to do anything but look for food! Every time they tried, she'd get out of her nest and run into the water to attack them. You can get an idea of how fast they were moving away from her by the wake they left behind. Eventually the ducks gave up and headed in the opposite direction. LOL

5 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

That's quite a fetching story. And again with the redhead. I suppose they will try again. MB

Janice Thomson said...

What a great capture of a mother's protective traits - on both sides.
Well done!

Flying Solo said...

The real redhead is back!! LOL
I'll be back too! lol

Carletta said...

Again the redhead...
The real redhead is back!

I think MB and Coca just did my comment for me!!

Cute story.

Daniel J Santos said...

Another Great and funny moment, as usual one excellent photo work, well done.